Tomorrow is the last day of November, I have succesfully survived a German autumn having seen the coldest temperatures of my life. November marks 4 full months here in Germany which means, if you do the math, that I only have about six more months left, I can't help but thinking that six months just dosnt sound like a very long time at all . The last month I've been increasingly busier, it seems like something was always going on, a sign that my over-ambitious personality follows with me anywhere I go.
I do a lot more in school now that I understand it . I try my best to do just as much as the other students although I'm fully aware that thats not expected of me, and I know it has helpted me a great deal. My classmates are often very surprised when they hear that I take the test and receive grades just like they do and it makes me feel a little less impotent when it comes to school. This isnt true for every class though, another thing I've learned this month is that sometimes the approach needs to match the stuation, for example in history I doudle funny things and pretend to understand complex 17th century German documents to the amusement of my classmates. English fufills my weekly dose of being the class clown when my personality can come out without making me look completely retarded. At this point it's fair to say I got school down, I know what's expected of me and I know what it takes to get where I want to be in my classes , but I've also learned that I can relax a little this year and trust me I dont miss the weeks where 4 hours of sleep a night was the norm.
This month has also brought the interaction with my fellow student's to another level. Let no one fool you it's hard being an exchange student and making friends atleast as far as Germany goes. I've found Germans to be more reserved people somethig that coming from the US you are simply not use to so naturally my interaction with people has been diffrent. I've finally acceptd that in order to make friends here it's going to take a little patience and lots of guts, I've had to put myself out there do things I would have never done at home, things I considered beyond me. I am now use to starting conversations and dont fear seeming maybe just a tad annoying. I also try to follow my owm advice from (Im Not Socially Awkward Im an Exchange Student.) Lo and behold this month has definately been the beggining of what I know will be good friendships .
As far as events this month I havent done that much although I was in Berlin last week (but that deserves it's own post.) That will change in the coming months ... my time is almost half way through and Germany is waiting , I just got the traveling bug .
I do a lot more in school now that I understand it . I try my best to do just as much as the other students although I'm fully aware that thats not expected of me, and I know it has helpted me a great deal. My classmates are often very surprised when they hear that I take the test and receive grades just like they do and it makes me feel a little less impotent when it comes to school. This isnt true for every class though, another thing I've learned this month is that sometimes the approach needs to match the stuation, for example in history I doudle funny things and pretend to understand complex 17th century German documents to the amusement of my classmates. English fufills my weekly dose of being the class clown when my personality can come out without making me look completely retarded. At this point it's fair to say I got school down, I know what's expected of me and I know what it takes to get where I want to be in my classes , but I've also learned that I can relax a little this year and trust me I dont miss the weeks where 4 hours of sleep a night was the norm.
This month has also brought the interaction with my fellow student's to another level. Let no one fool you it's hard being an exchange student and making friends atleast as far as Germany goes. I've found Germans to be more reserved people somethig that coming from the US you are simply not use to so naturally my interaction with people has been diffrent. I've finally acceptd that in order to make friends here it's going to take a little patience and lots of guts, I've had to put myself out there do things I would have never done at home, things I considered beyond me. I am now use to starting conversations and dont fear seeming maybe just a tad annoying. I also try to follow my owm advice from (Im Not Socially Awkward Im an Exchange Student.) Lo and behold this month has definately been the beggining of what I know will be good friendships .
As far as events this month I havent done that much although I was in Berlin last week (but that deserves it's own post.) That will change in the coming months ... my time is almost half way through and Germany is waiting , I just got the traveling bug .
What I do in English Class
How I deal with the Cold (wear EVERYTHING)
The reason why there arent more pictures (SAT)
Another picture of THE COW (refer to Turkey Tag Post)
Huge Bunny Market
Random Lanterna Nacht Music outside my house
Andddd .... The song of the month :)





No comments:
Post a Comment